Thursday 20 June 2013

Baby Shower Gifts

Quilty week ended up only being Quilty 3 days as I realized I needed to finish up some gifts for a good friend who was having a baby shower on Saturday. I may have gone a little overboard but I really enjoy making handmade baby gifts, especially when I know the recipient is a crafter. They always truly appreciate the work that goes into handmade.


For my mustache onesie I simply blew up some scrapbook paper that had all sorts of different mustaches on it.  I chose 3, traced them onto some HeatnBond and then raw edge appliqued them to a white onesie.


I made this diaper clutch following this tutorial.  It was a great tutorial and easy to follow.  The only thing I changed was to add interfacing.  I think if I were to make it again I would make the width a bit smaller.  It ended up quite big but will work well for this cloth diapering momma.  The outside is a chevron from V. and Co's Simply Color and the inside is a white on red dot from Bonnie and Camille's Happy Go Lucky.

 
A simple blanket from another Simply Color chevron backed with blue minky.


And a reversible bib to match.  The back of the bib is the chevron.


Last but not least, I absolutely had to make her something with the grey cameras from 2wenty thr3e.  My friend loves cameras and photography.  In fact they announced their pregnancy on FB by taking a photo of two full sized cameras with a miniature camera in between!  Plus she took all of the photos in this post.

This tutorial from Amy at Diary of a Quilter was fantastic to follow.  Definitely going to be making this again, as quite a few of my friends plan on having babies in the next several years!

Linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts for Friday Finishes.
 

3 comments:

  1. Awww... All those projects are sew adorable! Had to laugh about the baby camera story. But I also had to laugh at myself when I was trying to figure out what was 'sitting' on the chair in the picture of the minky backed blanket! Um, Duh! It's called a reflection, silly! Thanks for sharing!

    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so cute! Thanks for sharing that diaper clutch tutorial link. My first grandbaby is arriving in one month so I'm overwhelming her Momma with handy dandy hand made accessories! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The diaper clutch and tie bib are my fave!

    ReplyDelete